Friday 30 May 2014

Motivation Mayhem Monthly Muster! Come join the party May 2014


Okay folks! Time is here to lay it on the table

 Lets be honest with ourselves, we all need to find a few spare hours in the day if you are like me.

So this is how I am trying to find those extra minutes in my day!


  • I am going to make a list even if it is long of all the things I would like to complete in the coming month.   Then take a second look at it your list -  is this really possible to complete?  
  • If this list is huge, like mine,  then we need to ask ourselves what is really achievable? 
  • Ok so there are a few things you know you will not be able to complete in this time. So we break down that chore or project and ask what is achievable for this project.  If you can complete to a certain point make that your focus! Do this for all items on your list. 
  • After doing this rewrite your list and prioritise the things on your list, sometimes I actually think of this and put in weekly allotments. 
  • We all know days do not go always go to plan and other things crop up. But if a plan is in place it does help to make this come together very quickly. 
  • Then as the month comes progresses consult your list in the mornings and have a look and see where you can fit these projects into your day. Make a plan and try and stick to it. I have so many quilts I want to make I figure the only way I can do it is to be organised and create as much as possible time where I can. This monthly list will help, I may actually have a rough yearly list with rough times when I would like to start some of my new quilts...etc

Ok so who is with me?  

Who of you are going to write a blog post and link with us for this monthly party adventure?  If you don't write a blog please make a comment that you are joining in your own way, I will have an offer for you in a couple of weeks to make it worth your while!  So come on in write the post with your list and how you are going to write a list, check it off and then party with your completed projects.

So here is My List for June!

  1. Complete Quilting my Love Calms the Sea Quilt
  2. Moulin Rouge challenge art quilt entry
  3. Complete piecing Celtic Solstice Quilt
  4. Become up to date with Delightful Stars Quilt Along
  5. Start finishing Quilting Facebook group BOM 2013 quilt top
  6. Organise my three boxes of Scraps into a neat tidy box
  7. Have all of my housework up to date and everything in its rightful place
  8. My Star Bee Buzz Block
  9. Find time to make items for sale
  10. Coasters for someone special

Love calms the Seas
My boxes of Scraps
Three of the quilts for tops

So I have this out there and it is quite a lot but I figure I can get a lot of it done.  If i can complete most and have some started that is a bonus!  Every item ticked off will be a good thing.  I plan on adding this list onto the side of my blog and ticking off items as they become complete.

So let the excitement and party begin, so pick up a link and join Kathi and Myself on this new little venture! And for all who join with us I have a little giveaway of a pre cut wall hanging top plus two hand quilting cottons for you! So what is stopping you now?

Remember to,  make a list, tick it off, and party with us!

Wendy.

2 comments:

  1. I actually have a bunch more I plan to get done but figured I'd concentrate on the four I listed as a starting point! I will have two littles home with me all month after all. Good luck checking off things this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, so far so good but I have had a few unexpected interruptions but some will definitely crossed off

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy